Data matching with AUSTRAC transaction report: ATO notice
October 21, 2021
The ATO on 13 October 2021 registered a notice that it will acquire AUSTRAC transaction report information data from AUSTRAC for around 9 million individuals each year for the period of 17 June 2021 through to 30 June 2027.
The data items specified include information reported to AUSTRAC for:
- international funds transfer instructions
- threshold reports (excluding gambling)
- threshold reports (including gambling)
- solicitor transactions reports
- “suspicious matters”
- carry mail and physical cash
- bearer negotiable instruments.