The process of selling a business can be time consuming and complicated. You may need a business consultant, like Gavin Ma & Co accountants, make the process of selling your business less stressful.
Our services cover the following:
- Engage a business broker or provide assistance to your own broker
- Prepare relative reports and forms, such as Section 52 Form 2 – Statement by a vendor of a small business,
- Provide estimated value for the business,
- Help provide all the accounting or tax record required by the buyers or their accountants,
- Provide finance solutions to pay off your business or tax debts,
- Calculate and advise on your financial obligations for your employees, including unused annual leave payment, superannuation, long service leave payment and prepare employer termination payment form and PAYG Summary Report.
- Help transfer the business name, trade mark, license and permits to the new owner,
- Minimizing your capital gain tax by using small business concessions rules, eg 15-year exemption, 50% active assets reduction, retirement exemption and rollover,
- Prepare and lodge your last business tax return with ATO,
- De-register the company with ASIC if it is a company involved in the business structure,
- Cancel ABN, GST, FBT, PAYG Withholding registration and wind up the business structure.
With a local presence, we’re proud to provide our services to businesses in Bentleigh and surrounding suburbs such as Brighton, Moorabbin, McKinnon, Caulfield and Oakleigh. We can also assist clients across greater Melbourne with all their accounting needs.