The process of selling a business can be time consuming and complicated. You may need a business consultant, like Gavin Ma & Co accountants, make the process of selling your business less stressful.
Our services cover the following:
- Engage a business broker or provide assistance to your own broker
- Prepare relative reports and forms, such as Section 52 Form 2 – Statement by a vendor of a small business,
- Provide estimated value for the business,
- Help provide all the accounting or tax record required by the buyers or their accountants,
- Provide finance solutions to pay off your business or tax debts,
- Calculate and advise on your financial obligations for your employees, including unused annual leave payment, superannuation, long service leave payment and prepare employer termination payment form and PAYG Summary Report.
- Help transfer the business name, trade mark, license and permits to the new owner,
- Minimizing your capital gain tax by using small business concessions rules, eg 15-year exemption, 50% active assets reduction, retirement exemption and rollover,
- Prepare and lodge your last business tax return with ATO,
- De-register the company with ASIC if it is a company involved in the business structure,
- Cancel ABN, GST, FBT, PAYG Withholding registration and wind up the business structure.