Victorian and ACT Business Grants to be Non-assessable Non-exempt (NANE) income
October 26, 2022
The following Victorian and ACT business grants are non-assessable non-exempt income. Therefore they are not taxable income for tax purposes:
- Victoria Business Costs Assistance Program Round 2, Top up, Round 3, Round 4, Round 4, Construction and Round 5
- Victoria Commercial Landlord Hardship Fund 3
- Victoria Impacted Public Events Support Program Round 2
- Victoria Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 – July extension and Top up payments
- Victoria Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round 2 and (Suppliers) Round 2
Australian Capital Territory
- ACT HOMEFRONT 3
- ACT Small Business Hardship Scheme
These NANE should be included in your business tax return or schedule but excluded in the taxable income.
Shall you have any queries about the tax implication of the grants, please feel free to contact us.